Thursday, March 5, 2015

Snow Ice Cream

For the past 2 1/2 years, 2 cans of sweetened condensed milk have haunted me from the top shelf of my pantry.  You see, those 2 cans were bought before Seth's diagnosis, when we thought he had mono.  He was losing weight and we were making shakes trying to put some pounds back on.  I couldn't throw the cans away, but I didn't have an occasion to use them either.  So they just sat there on the top shelf of the pantry, bringing back those scary, sad memories.

Today, we turned the sad memory into a happy one.  It snowed quite a bit overnight, unusual for Texas and almost unheard of in March.  We set out some big bowls in the back yard last night, and this morning I made snow ice cream.  I used both cans of that sweetened condensed milk.  Yum!


And with that, I can open my pantry for the first time since diagnosis without thinking about diagnosis.

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment