Sunday, February 23, 2014

Memory lane

Often on Saturday mornings, I lie in bed all alone and enjoy the quiet.  I catch up on reading blogs, Facebook, etc. For some reason yesterday, I took a stroll down memory lane via Facebook back to the weekend that Seth was diagnosed.  It was quite an emotional journey!

If you have read his story before, you may remember that we first noticed he was sick on the morning of his Eagle Court of Honor Ceremony.  That was on a Sunday.  Wednesday, I took him to the doctor and he was diagnosed with mono.  By Thursday night, he was critical.  We decided to take him back to the doctor the next morning.

Here's a portion of my stroll down memory lane:















I wondered why I was taking this little stroll on a random Saturday morning, then I realized that Monday will be 18 months since his diagnosis date.  18 months.  It seems like a lifetime ago.  Most days are pretty "normal" now, with the addition of blood sugar testing, insulin injections, carrying around a bag of supplies everywhere....well, you get the idea.  It's hard to remember what life was like without all those things.  It was definitely easier then, more carefree.  But life is still good.  Seth still participates in all of the same activities and is enjoying a busy senior year.  He's thinking about college options for next year, and what he wants to do with his life, just like every other senior.  Sometimes I tend to share more of the things about our new life that are hard and different.  I need to share more successes.  I will try to make that the focus of my blog posts this spring...to share more positives, more times that diabetes took a back seat.  More ways that we KDA every day!




Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment