Friday, December 27, 2013

Diaversary #2

I started this over 2 weeks ago, but just couldn't finish it because of final exams at school, Christmas, life, etc.  Diaversary #2 was Dec. 14.

For the 2nd time in less than 4 months,  we are "celebrating" the day of diagnosis with type 1 diabetes.  We aren't celebrating the diagnosis,  but rather the fact that my awesome husband has KDA for a year. Now, if you are a regular reader, you will remember that Jason was diagnosed as a type 2 several years ago, but never had any semblance of control.  A1C numbers were always too high, doctors were always telling him to "do better, get more exercise," etc.  After Seth was diagnosed with type 1, I found information that led me to believe Jason was misdiagnosed.  His doctor agreed, and we ventured into the land of 2 type 1 diabetics in the house.  In that year, his A1C has been cut almost in HALF!!

It has been a tough year, but a good one.  Father and son have been a great support for each other. They remind/encourage each other to test.  They have little "contests" to see who is closer to 100, or who is closer to their Dex number.  They understand each other like no one else in the family can.  I hate they have that bond, but I'm glad at the same time.  Does that make any sense at all??

Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Aw, I love that they have that bond! Sorry (but glad?) you're not part of the club.

    I am so happy for your husband. A1c in HALF! Holy cow. I bet he feels like a million bucks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, sorry/glad I'm not part of their club! But I'm so glad that if they have to do it, they have each other.

      Yeah, he went from upper 10s to low 6. He feels FANTASTIC!!!

      Delete