Saturday, March 18, 2017

First diaversary #3

Today is my 1st diaversary. Even though I knew 12 days earlier that I had t1d, today was the day a doctor confirmed it. This is the third time our family has experienced the first year diaversary.

During the past year, I've still lived a full life. Here's a summary of my activities since this time last year.

Organized d supplies for 3. This has been a challenge! Diabetes supplies take up a ton of space. 

Watched my nephew compete in state DI competition. 

Said goodbye to our last grandparent. We lost Jason's grandma last April. She was the last grandparent between us.

Dad threw surprise birthday party for me and mom. Our birthdays are 1 week apart. My parents are the best! (That's my sweet friend in the pic, not my mom.)

Swim team had their annual swim banquet.

I went to Chicago on a school trip to check out a program with a team of teachers and administrators. Flew for the first time with d, and the first time in quite a few years.

We attended Type One Nation summit, where I met several people I had only known online.



Got used to diet DP. This was a biggie. I wasn't sure I'd be able to adjust, but the thought of drinking water only for the rest of my life was a terrible prospect. 

Ran concession stand at the pool all summer, with the help of our boys. This us our vacation money. 

Helped with summer swim camp.

Created d supply organizers for our bags.

Started playing Pokémon Go.

Met close friend's kiddo at hospital after he was in a car accident. I could get there faster than my friend, as they were flying the kiddo there by helicopter. 

Helped with a benefit volleyball tournament for a sweet friend with cervical cancer.

Got all of our prescriptions synced on a 90 day refill cycle.

Increased my coaching role for the school swim team.

Started year 22 of teaching.

Celebrated Seth's 4th diaversary.

Endless shrimp with the bestie....a tradition.


Met Laura Wilkinson at a coaching clinic.

Celebrated Jason's 4th diaversary.

Went on Christmas cruise with Jason and the boys. I'm still working on a separate post for that. 

Served on 3 committees at school.

Helped coach our girls and boys swim teams to district championships. 

Celebrated 26th anniversary at regional swim meet, with our annual tradition of DQ after the meet.


Girls weekend....annual tradition with childhood friends.

Multiple vehicles woes. At one point during the year, we had one working vehicle for 4 adults trying to get to work/school in 3 different directions. Thankfully, friends and family helped us get where we needed to be!


Life continued. Nothing around me changed. I had to figure out how to fit diabetes management into my life, not life into diabetes. The first year is behind me. It only gets better from here on out! KDA

Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. Very interesting life. So many achievements. Diabetes didn't stop you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting life n lots of achievements. I'm glad dt1 hasn't been an obstacle in your life.
    "Life ends when you stop following your dreams"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting life. So many achievements. Diabetes didn't stop you!

    ReplyDelete